Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Next Years Events 2019
BarryIsz
Administrator
Post Next Years Events 2019
on: October 16, 2018, 17:03

Hi all

I’m starting to build next years events / training calendar. Can I please have your comments the good, bad and the ugly on this years calendar. Did the monthly club paddle work for you? Would you like to see less of something or more?

Perhaps we can build on what’s been achieved over this last weekend the 3* sea passes and I’m not talking about the swims in Devon.

Also Trips, Training and Courses you would like to see in 2019, WW, Sea, Touring, Surf, Fridays, Weekends and Weeks away?

Its your club have your say.

Cheers

Barry

John H
Pro
Post Re: Next Years Events 2019
on: October 16, 2018, 19:29

Barry,
going on from the 3* assessment, a lot of the paddlers are keen to go for 4 star leader in 2019/20, Therefore a training roll out for gaining experience and ability to complete this aspiration would be good. Further some members who didn't participate in the recent 3 star award were/are keen to take it next year, so again a training programme to bring them up to speed.
For me, my wish list is another trip to the jurrasic coast, still want to do the Isle of Wight (needles), and wouldn't mind playing off the north coast of Cornwall. Also wouldn't mind doing some Open Boat camping trips but as with all good plans, timing and availability is always an issue. The usual WW trips - I like the Loop, boring for some, but I enjoy the scenery,and maybe the lower dart to get some of the newer members out on the water.

Andy E
Advanced
on: October 16, 2018, 20:38

I will be happy just getting in a boat as much as possible next year. Lundy Island and any other sea trips would be nice.

BarryIsz
Administrator
on: October 16, 2018, 21:04

Thanks guys like your thinking although we need the week days to swap with the weekends.

TJ James
Beginner
on: October 17, 2018, 04:04

I would like to play in some small surf an do some launching landing in surf and swell so Cornwall\Pembrokeshire would be good. Lundy trip is hopefully on the cards. I have to swap shifts often so advanced notice is needed by me.

Mike D
Administrator
on: October 17, 2018, 15:13

I'm in the same boat as Andy E (excuse the pun!), just wanting to get out as much as I can. But here are a few things I'd like to see:

Continue Friday night paddles
Continue monthly club day trips
3* Sea training and assessment
Introduction to or "slightly" whitewater trips (More use of Langham flumes/Rushes weir etc?)(Rain dependent!)
Some more open boating
Club BBQ
More "adventures" paddling in new places

Mark B
Beginner
on: October 18, 2018, 20:23

Hi all, as Andy & Barry have said I am happy to get out as much as I can & keep on working on my skills. Then see where we go from there !

Alan_J
on: October 30, 2018, 18:46

I would like to get my 3* so I can join you guy's building towards 4*, also some time in surf in a sea boat and just enjoy getting out on the water. Very keen on the lundy island trip.

Liz_C
on: November 7, 2018, 11:44

Hi Barry, my aims are to improve my surfing skills, and do whatever replaces the 4 star / leadership, get out on the waters much as possible and in different parts of the country, and maybe even other countries.

Jacquie
Advanced
on: December 30, 2018, 05:05

Personally I'm not interested in your stars etc, although I'll join in with any training/practise, I just want to paddle. Sea is good but it would be nice to get back on a river, hopefully we won't get the weeds and alge problems next year.

Pages: [1] 2

One comment

1. webmaster says:

Registering on the Forum – email webmaster@bramstoncanoeclub.org
    Once I’ve verified who you are I will create a profile for you.

Leave a Reply